Thursday, April 26, 2007

What a great idea, I'm glad I thought of it.



We all need a laugh every now and then. Personally I like to laugh, a lot. I have a very loud laugh but, in comparison to others, at least mine is real. I can't fake a laugh. I can fake a smile but my friends and family can see right through the toothy grin to the sarcasm underneath. The strange thing is that I don't really get jokes. My sense of humor tends to be darker and more sarcastic than the normal joke can deliver. A few things can really tickle my funny bone though.

1. Computer users who forget their password, everyday. The funny part is that the password is either their kids names or their own first name and I have to remind them of that.
2. Scifi "Darth" humor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAL7w2ybTfQ
3. Animal antics - the cute fuzzy kind, like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIqhUCZgwXQ
4. The government sending me my refund when I know I forgot to sign it before I mailed it in.
5. My husband taking my new truck on a golf trip with his buddies while I get to drive his piece of crap pickup. haha, funny, poke my eye with a stick funny, but still has a dark twist that I appreciate funny
6. Telling telemarketers that "I'm sorry, I'm not here right now" and hanging up.

Here are a couple ideas that I'm going to start doing for fun:

When you get ads in your phone or utility bill, why not include them with the payment? Let THEM throw the stuff away.

When you get those pre-approved letters in the mail for everything from credit cards to 2nd mortgages and junk like that, most of them come with postage paid return envelopes, right? Well, why not get rid of some of your other junk mail and put it in these cool little envelopes! Send an ad for your local chimney cleaner to American Express, or a pizza coupon to Citibank. If you didn't get anything else that day, then just send them their application back... blank! Eventually, the banks and credit card companies will begin getting all their junk back in the mail. Let's let them know what it's like to get junk mail, and best of all...THEY'RE paying for it! Twice!

No comments:

Post a Comment